Dimafix Adhesive Pen
For an optimal printing result, a 3D printed model must adhere well to the 3D print bed. With Dimafix you apply an adhesive layer to your print bed. This prevents deformation of printed parts, also known as warping. Dimafix is an aerosol liquid that provides improved adhesion between the first layer of the 3D printed model and the print bed at a temperature above 60°C. Below 60°C, the adhesive layer loses its effect, which makes it easier to remove printed parts.
The adhesion depends on the temperature variations of the 3D print bed:
- Below 60°C: No adhesion, printed parts come off the print bed easily
- Between 60 – 70°C: Medium adhesion, for smaller less complicated objects
- Between 75 – 95°C: Strong adhesion, for complicated and large printed parts
- Above 95°C: Very strong adhesion, for very complicated and long-lasting printed parts
- Thoroughly clean the print bed of the printer with a suitable cleaner.
- Check the temperature of the print bed, it should be below 50°C.
- Apply Dimafix evenly on the print bed.
- Heat the print bed and start the 3D print.
- After printing is finished, wait until the temperature of the print bed falls below 50°C.
- Remove the printed part from the print bed.
- Clean the print bed with the 3D print bed cleaner.
The Dimafix adhesive pen is the ideal solution if you have a 3D printer without an interchangeable print bed (Leader & Leader TWIN). With this pen you can apply the glue in the printer itself, without removing the print bed. When using a printer with an interchangeable print bed (Leader Pro, EVO Twin & RAPID ONE), the Dimafix adhesive spray could be more suitable. You can easily remove the print bed and apply an adhesive layer by using the spray outside the 3D printer.